1. Information We Collect
We collect information in two ways: 1. Information you give us both personal and non-personal; and 2. Information we get from your access and use of our Sites. All of this information is voluntarily provided by you.
1.1 Information you give us both personal and non-personal
We collect this Personal Information as well as non-personal information discussed below in a number of different ways. For example:
If you chose to request information about our products and services described on ourWebsite Site you will need to complete our online information form. This online information form requires certain Personal Information as well as other information to help us determine and respond to your needs related to our products and services described on the Website Site. We use this information to send email messages to users who opt-in to receive communications from us. These email messages provide updates about us and/or our products and services; or.
If you chose to complete a registration process in order to participate in certain activities such as our ementor Program then, in addition to the Personal Information already described in this PrivacyPolicy you may be required to submit other personal information such as gender, personal interests, communication preferences, and any other information you provide us in order to use the Website Site as a registered user of the ementor Program and/or another Site feature or service.
We also use demographic and profile information you provide on this form in connection with studies and reports regarding our Sites such as usage patterns in order to better understand the needs of our users. Much of this information is also used for processing of an AcademyWomen index and becomes part of our research database. This allows us to continue doing research about conation on an anonymous basis.
We will not, however associate any Personal Information which you provide with the information in these studies and reports. We will not distribute your private data or information concerning you to anyone outside our organization.
- Non-Personal Information: We also collect non-personal information – data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use or transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. For example: We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code unique device identifier location; geo-location and the time zone where our Sites are accessed and used so that we can better understand user behavior and improve our products and services. ..
If we do combine non-personal information with Personal Information the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for so long as it remains combined.
2. How AcademyWomen obtains the Information we get from your use of our Sites.
- Log and Device Information. When you use our Sites our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Sites. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type language and version, dial-up domain, computer operating system and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Internet Protocol addresseswill insome cases be linked to Personal Information. We use the tracked information only to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website.
You can reject cookies or cancel them as described in Section 5 below entitled “Transparency and Choice”.
- Links. We do link the information we store in cookies to your username when you log into your information account on our Sites. We control how that data may and may not be used. However we do not exercise control over any third party links to our service providers, advertisers; partners and sponsors provided to you as part of our Sites, or other third party sitesthat may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, smart phone and similar mobile devices, or apps in order to collect data or solicit Personal Informationdirectly from you. Therefore we cannot be responsible to you at law or otherwise for how the information, inclusive of your Personal Information, you submit to such third parties is used, collected, used and disclosed. We encourage you to review the policies of all third parties described herein in order to understand their processes for the collection, use and disclosure of information.
3. Social Networking
You can engage with our content such as video, applications and other offerings, on or through third party social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram; and Twitter and other third-party social media plug-ins and applications. When you engage with our content on or through third party social networking sites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information from you social media profile (e.g. name, email address, photo, gender, birthday, location, your list of friends, people you follow and/or who follow you, the posts or the “likes” you make) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the application. We may also obtain non-personal identifiable information (e.g. content viewed) from your interaction with our content.
When you provide information from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like:
- Give you exclusive content
- Personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Sites;
4. How we use the Information we collect.
- We use your personal information to provide you with personalized service; to send e-mail alerts to you; to answer your requests; to process your membership application; etc.
We may also use your information to track visitorstoourSites.This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties.
You may choose to opt out at any time as described in Section 5 below entitles “Transparency and Choice”.
Information we do not collect
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 14 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
5. Transparency and Choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. You may always opt-out of receiving communications from us by changing your privacy preferences. For example:
You may set your browser to block all cookies. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, however, if you prefer to reject these cookies you can opt-out by resetting your browser to refuse all cookies from us , including cookies associated with the Website Site and our products and services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that if you disable your cookie(s), you may still visit our Sites but you may not be able to access certain areas within our Sites and/or some features of our Sites may not function properly.
6. California Residents’ Privacy Rights
- Our Commitment to Data Security: To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of your information, including your Personal Information, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to safeguard and secure the Information we collect online. However, in the event we are the source of a security breach that exposed or may have exposed your Personal Information, and you are a resident of the State of California, then, as required by California Law we will provide you with immediatewritten notification of the security breach or potential security breach.
7. Accessing and updating your personal information.
As a user of the Website, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for other legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort jeopardize the privacy of others are extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
8. Information we share
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies’ organizations and individuals outside of AcademyWomen when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individual outside of AcademyWomen if we have a good faith belief that access use preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law regulation legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce our Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations
- Detect prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights property or safety of AcademyWomen our users or the public as required or permitted by law
If, however, we are going to use users’ Personal, Information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with our Sites, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their Personal Information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on the applicable Sites notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.